Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Loss of Outdoor Friends

I checked my email after the last post, something I had not done for several days, and as the tears clouded my eyes, I did not get very far. Craig Martinson- your spirit will live on! Craig was a kind and gentle person, quick with wit and a great friend to many of us. He certainly has been an inspiration to me as I have battled cancer.

I also want to salute a longtime industry friend, Rob Hart, who died in a ski accident in February. Rob was the inventor of the Crazy Creek camping chair, a campsite staple. One of the industry originals, he had a sense of humor and absurdity about the outdoor industry and life in general. He will be sadly missed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you allowed out of the house at all?

Maybe a quick drive by to Canoecopia?

I hope all is well.

Ray